Does your website answer these questions
Would you agree that the purpose of your website is to showcase your work and answer certain key questions? I believe the more key questions you are able answer, the more likely a client will reach out to you. Do you agree? Here are some questions I've come up with. Are there any you would add to this list?
- Where are you located?
- What type of design do you do? (Residential, commercial, hospitality, other?)
- Do you have any specialties/expertise? (Kitchens, bathrooms, color, window treatments, etc)
- Is there something unique about the way you work?
- What's your angle? Your style? Your point of view?
- How do you price your work? (flat rate? hourly? other)
- What’s your process? (in general)
- How do you work? (software, communication)
- How long does the process usually take?
- Do you have an ideal client type? What do they value? (Service, Quality, Price)
- What if the client doesn't like the outcome of the work?
- What’s your story?
- What’s the first step to working with you?
HOW and WHERE on a website should you answer these questions? The easiest way is to put them on a FAQ page. This minimizes the number of pages on your site, keeping your site feeling simple, elegant, and easy to navigate.