Please answer and send the below questions to me in a document. Microsoft Word or Google Docs works well. The purpose of this reflection exercise is to draw out the details that will form a brief description for each project that appears on your website. These descriptions will help visitors appreciate the depth, detail, and value of your work. There are no wrong answers here. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION QUESTIONS
Please answer these questions for each project that will appear in the portfolio of your new website.
WHAT THE CLIENT WANTED:
INSPIRATION FOR THE DESIGN:
THINGS TO HIGHLIGHT:
ANY CUSTOM WORK:
ANYTHING ELSE YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS PROJECT?
The following are examples to show how the above questions can be answered.
- PROJECT NAME: Greensboro Residence
- SPACE TYPE: Ranch house
- ROOMS DESIGNED: Living room and dining room
- PROJECT SCOPE: Space planning and furnishing
- THE CLIENT: Young family with two kids
- WHAT THE CLIENT WANTED: cozy comfort
- INSPIRATION FOR THE DESIGN: The client's existing dining room table, which was passed down 3 generations.
- ANY CUSTOM WORK: none.
- ANYTHING ELSE YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS PROJECT? High performance fabrics were used in anticipation of spills from the kids. This couple liked the results so much, they booked another project with me immediately.
- PROJECT NAME: Metalica
- SPACE TYPE: 2 bedroom NYC loft
- ROOMS DESIGNED: Everything
- PROJECT SCOPE: Complete gut renovation and furnishing
- THE CLIENT: Bachelor
- WHAT THE CLIENT WANTED: Industrial New York charm meets high glam
- INSPIRATION FOR THE DESIGN: I started by choosing textures and materials that would convey a juxtaposition of grittiness and luxury.
- THINGS TO HIGHLIGHT: Space plan arranged to leave plenty of open floor space to create spaciousness. Lots of raw steel was used, accented with bronze and silver. The wall texture was hand chiseled.
- ANY CUSTOM WORK: Iron wall sconces salvaged from old Soho loft
- ANYTHING ELSE YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS PROJECT? This loft used to belong to Madonna.
- PROJECT NAME: Honolulu Avenue
- SPACE TYPE: Dentist Office
- ROOMS DESIGNED: Sitting area
- PROJECT SCOPE: Paint colors and refrneshed furniture layout
- THE CLIENT: 3 dentists
- WHAT THE CLIENT WANTED: Bright, airy, and welcoming
- INSPIRATION FOR THE DESIGN: Client's existing chairs
- THINGS TO HIGHLIGHT: We replaced the heavy drapes with roll up bamboo shades to let more light in.
- ANY CUSTOM WORK: Wall art commissioned from local photographer. Reupholstered several of the chairs.
- ANYTHING ELSE YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS PROJECT? This client was out of town for most of the project. I was able to meet with him remotely by video chat.